I LOVE Mexican food! Whenever my husband says my favorite, magical words, ‘lets eat out’ i always love to go to Mexican restaurants. One of my faav is Taco bell. Love the enchiladas, nachos, chips and salsa, tostadas and many others.
I feel Indian and Mexican food has a lot of similarities. For one thing it can be quite spicy. The spice comes from the salsa, but also from Mexican chilli and peppers that can be quite fiery. Central to the mexican cuisine is the tortilla, which is similar to the Indian roti.
Today i have quesadillas (keh-sah-deeh-yahs) for you guys, which are tortillas wrapped over a filling of cheese, spicy chicken, jalapeños, pico de gallo, mayonnaise and heated on a griddle with butter, until the cheese is all melted and the tortillas nicely crisp.
- 300 g chicken breast cut in small pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 Tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Pickled jalapeños
- Hot sauce/ sriracha sauce
- 4-5 tbsp butter
- Pico de gallo:
- 2 small Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 of medim onion chopped
- 2 jalapeño chillies
- Lime juice
- Coriander leaves/ cilantro
- Salt to taste
✔️ You can add whatever filling you like. If you like avocados, you can add that too.
✔️ This recipe is a little on the spicy side. You can adjust the spice according to your taste.
- Marinate the chicken in the above mentioned ingredients. Shallow fry in olive oil.
- In the same pan, sauté the chopped onion and garlic for a minute. Mix fried chicken into this.
- Assemble the quesadilla. For that take one tortilla. Add mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Add lettuce and then chicken. Then add in the pico de gallo and jalapeños.
- Pour little sriracha and then mayonnaise.
- Place mozzarella and cheddar. And finally the other tortilla on top.
- Heat butter on a griddle pan. Heat the quesadillas till the cheese gets melted and both sides of the quesadillas get crispy.
- Serve immediately.