Just the thought of this pickle makes my mouth water. This pickle has the tanginess and sourness from the mangoes, sweetness from the sugar, spice from the red chilli powder and that kick from the garlic. It is sooo soooooo easy, that you cant make it anytime, just anytime you want.
Just chop up the ingredients, and mix. That’s it! No cooking required. This pickle is that instant….who can resist? No soaking, or waiting. So you can get instant gratification. Isn’t that great?
I have to thank my sweetest aunt, whom we call paayi with love. She had sent a bottle of this pickle 2 weeks back from India. Me and Fadal finished it within a week, it was that yumm!
We absolutely wanted more of that pickle, so i ringed up my aunt and got the recipe for it……the simplest recipe ever and here it is. Dunno if mine is as perfect as hers, but i guess it is really there.
3 medium Green raw mango
10 cloves garlic
3-4 green chillies
2.5 tbsp red chilly powder
3 sprigs curry leaves
5 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
✔️ This pickle would store in the refrigerator for about a months time.
✔️ Dont reduce the quantity of the sugar, you may increase it if you like. The sweetness is the main feature of this pickle.
- 3 medium Green raw mango
- 10 cloves garlic
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2.5 tbsp red chilly powder
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 5 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Chop the mangoes, garlic, green chillies, and curry leaves really fine. I just chopped everything together in my hand blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and store in the refrigerator.
- *This pickle would store in the refrigerator for about a months time.
- *Don't reduce the quantity of the sugar, you may increase it if you like. The sweetness is the main feature of this pickle.