Chopped salad are the perfect way to enjoy a salad, each forkful will have a snippet of all the ingredients.
This salad is delicious and easy to eat with a riot of flavor, color, and texture in each and every bite. Salads have become a popular lunch fare nowadays. Especially the healthy ones. Ok i admit this is not a very diet friendly salad because of the mayonnaise in it. But this sure is super tasty. 😊
I have added a whole lot of sweet corn in my salad because i love it. I just started adding avocado in my salads recently and seriously it is really good. Try avocados and onions with a little bit of lemon and salt. Its too good a combination. My mom makes it this way. Chicken in the chopped salad is optional. But it gives that extra oomph to the salad along with the boiled egg.
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sweet corn
- Red and Yellow bell peppers
- Pickled cucumber and green chillies
- Hard boiled eggs
- Grilled chicken
For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Pepper and salt to taste
✔️ To make grilled chicken I marinated the chicken breast with red chilly powder and cajun spice and grilled it. You can use any marinade you like for that.
✔️ Make as much or as little salad you like. Use the dressing that is just enough for the salad. Store the remaining in the refrigerator.
- Cut all the veggies, boiled eggs and the chicken.
- Mix together all the ingredients for dressing
- Pour the dressing into the chopped salad. You don’t have to pour all. Use as much as needed. Store the remaining in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.