This Spicy Chicken Chinese Noodles is made with Chinese egg noodles and a spicy and saucy chicken gravy.
A couple of days ago, I was fasting and I made a visit to one of the hypermarkets here to buy some grocery. And as I was wandering through the aisles, I could smell some delicious food. The aroma pulled me towards the hot food section.
Everything looked so yummy there, that I couldn’t choose which one to take. Husband was like take a little bit of all, hahaha! But I just wanted one dish, because soon after you break your fast, you drink a glass of water and eat one item and you’ll feel full. Cant eat anything more.
So I chose this beautiful chicken egg noodles, because it looked too tempting. And I was glad that I took it. It was just perfect. Fadal loved it and my little toddler enjoyed it too. 😀
So I wanted to recreate it in my kitchen. So I made it and it tasted great. Not exactly like the one I bought, but somewhat somewhere it tasted alike. So I thought I should share this recipe with all my lovely readers too. So here it is. Enjoy!! 🙂
- 250g bone chicken cut in strips
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
180g Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts cut into small pieces
- 3 dry red chillies cut lengthwise
- 2 large onions chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1” ginger chopped
- 1 green capsicum sliced finely
- 3 tsp soya sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 carrot cut thinly like matchsticks
- coriander leaves chopped
- salt to taste
- You can use the chicken gravy alone with roti or fried rice.
- You can adjust the spice level as per your preference.
- If the batter for frying chicken is too thick, you can add in few tablespoons of water.
- Vegetarians can replace chicken with cauliflower, or paneer.
- You can add eggs to the noodles too. I added it the second time I made.
- Add all the ingredients for a marination to the chicken. Combine well.
- Deep fry the chicken.
- Cook chinese egg noodles according to package directions till done. Drain it and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in the cashew nuts and red chillies. Fry till cashew gets golden colour.
- Take that out of the oil and keep aside.
- To same oil add in the onions. Sauté till soft.
- Add in the ginger and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in the capsicum and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the soya sauce and tomato ketchup. Stir and cook for 3 minutes till ketchup gets thick.
- Add in the red chilli powder. Add salt.
- Pour 1/8 cup of water. let the gravy boil.
- Add in the cashew nuts, red chillies, chicken and carrots.
- Cover and cook on low flame till carrots get soft.
- Now mix the noodles in this chicken preparation. Mix well. Add in coriander leaves.