An Indian style deep fried chicken with the basic Indian masalas. The flavor of the coating on the chicken is simply fantastic.
I have gotten quite a lot of requests for the recipe of the chicken fry which I had served as sides with my Quick Malabar Chicken Biryani. For those who aren’t getting what I am talking about, I had posted a biryani recipe last week, its not just any usual type of biryani, its a quick, fuss free version. If you haven’t seen it, please check it out. So back to the chicken fry, I had anticipated that many of you would drool over it more than the rice. 😀
So here it is guys, the recipe of THE Chicken Fry which you all asked for. Most probably many of you will be like, “this is exactly how we’ve been making chicken fry ever since we started cooking”…but hey! there will be few others for whom this will be a new recipe. And what a miss will it be for them if they didn’t get to try this terrific fry, right? 😀
You will honestly be amazed how much depth of flavor there is in this chicken fry despite how few ingredients are there in it. Hope you guys give this recipe a go. Btw doesn’t that fry look so temping and beautiful on that antique bowl? It didn’t need any other props to make it look more appealing. <3
- 600g chicken with bones cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- You can fry the chicken in coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- Dont fry for too long, The chicken will lose its tenderness.
- Make sure that the heat is on medium high while frying.
- To the cleaned chicken pieces, add in all the ingredients except the corn flour.
- Marinate for 1/2-1 hour.
- When ready to fry, add in corn flour and mix well.
- Deep fry the chicken in batches.