A semi frozen dessert with a thick chilled cream and fruit cocktail.
If you are anything like me who don’t enjoy fruits much, then this fruit salad is for you. Yeaah a tad less healthy, but extremely delicious. The best part is the texture of this dessert. It is similar to a sorbet, but a more creamier one.
Most of my long time followers will be knowing Shabana by now. My sister in law, who contributed a whole lot of fool proof recipes to the blog. To find all of her recipes, search Shabana in the search bar and you can get them. Whenever I go for a get-together to her house, I fall in love with one or the other dish. And it comes in the blog. 😀 Thank you ammayi!! You should invite us often to your house for feasts like that. 😀 So this fruit salad was an instant hit during one of the recent parties she conducted. It is so easy to prepare this that I have a special place for this dessert in my heart. I prepared this almost 5-6 times already. Hey, I am eating a lot of fruits that way, haha.
I have prepared a short video tutorial for this, but I won’t be uploading it in my channel or here in the blog as it is not very perfect, didn’t use DSLR or anything. I captured the video with my phone. So i’ll be uploading it in my insta stories. I’ll save it in my highlights. Do follow me there and check the video to know the exact consistency that you should achieve.
- 250ml thick cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk (or more)
- 3 cubes kiri cheese softened (or 3 tbsp cream cheese)
- 1 small can fruit cocktail
- You can add fresh fruits of your choice too.
- Sweet ripe mangoes would be an excellent choice. Add more condensed milk if you want it sweeter.
- In a bowl, add softened kiri cheese and whisk.
- Pour 1/4 cup of milk and mix well until there are no lumps. Pour remaining milk and stir together.
- Add in the condensed milk and cream. Combine.
- Pour the fruits along with half of the syrup. Combine.
- Pour into a storage tray, close lid and keep in freezer for an hour. Take out and stir. By then the consistency should be that of a very thick cream along with little frozen cream. Stir well and serve immediately.
- If you keep in freezer for long and it got completely frozen, keep in refrigerator for 1 hour till you get the proper consistency.
- The video tutorial is there in my Instagram stories.