A very moist chocolate cake made with powdered chocolate biscuits which is topped with a luscious pudding.
This chocolate biscuit cake is beyond decadent, topped with a delicious pudding that is literally to die for! The whole thing is crowned with melted chocolate and chocolate shavings which just takes everything to another level.
I had made an Oreo pudding cake long back, like about 3-4 years back and it used to be my favorite. I had taken the pictures too, but was not satisfied with the clicks. I thought I’ll retake the pictures later, but it never happened. And I had completely forgotten about this cake, I don’t know how..why..because this cake is one of my top favorites. The milky way based pudding, and the chocolate biscuits in cake gives this recipe an edge.
I made this cake last month and had fallen in love with it again. So I had to shoot a video tutorial for you guys. Check it out. Hope you all like it. Please do watch it in hd. 🙂
For the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups powdered chocolate biscuits (Oreo for example)
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the pudding:
- 2 mini Milky Way bars
- 1 sachet whipping cream powder
- 1 tin Nestle cream
- 3 cubes of Kiri cream cheese
Melted chocolate and chocolate shavings for garnish
- You can make the pudding ahead of time and once it sets completely, you can use it as a frosting for your cake. Make two cake layers. Spread it in between the layers and also all around it. If you are doing this, then make double the quantity of pudding. And pouring ganache on the cake will make it even more grand and delicious.
- Instead of Milky Way, you can use mars, twix or any candy of your choice.
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Grease and flour two 6 inch tart pans.
- In a bowl add the eggs and sugar. With an electric beater, beat well till it turns light and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla essence and oil. Beat till combined.
- Add the powdered biscuits and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter by dividing equally into two prepared pans.Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out and let it cool.
To make the Pudding:
- In a food processor jar, or blender jar add all the ingredients listed under pudding.
- Blend till nicely combined and smooth.
- Pour the pudding on top of both the cakes and spread evenly.
- Garnish with melted chocolate and chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.