A terrific rich and creamy curry with beautiful depth of flavor yet it is made with very basic ingredients, without using any spice powders at all.
I love mild, simple curries. But mildly flavored doesn’t mean bland, it should have lots of flavors. I love this Murgh Malai curry because it screams flavor. It really tastes so good for something so quick. You all will be amazed.
If you are bored with butter chicken, or tikka masala try this Malai Chicken when you are craving for a rich north Indian curry.
My taste testers (Son and husband) loved this curry. Their response was incredible. I would love to hear what you think if you try it.
- 600g chicken with bones
- 170g Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 medium sized onions chopped
- 15 cashew nuts
- 5 green chillies
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp dried kasuri methi
- Coriander leaves
- Oil and ghee as needed
- I sometimes add chopped baby spinach in the curry at the end and boil for 5 minutes.
- Make a paste with cashews and green chillies. (I added 3 green chillies while grinding and added remaining into the gravy)
- Marinate chicken with yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, cashew paste and salt.
- In a pan, pour oil and sauté onions till it turns soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken and mix for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Pour 3/4 cup of water.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour cream and stir well.
- Add kasuri methi and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves, mix and turn off heat.
- Add a tbsp of ghee and combine.