A delicious mix of milk chocolate chips, caramel sauce, sea salt and dairy. This drink is like a hug in a mug. A perfect winter drink!
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips
- marshmallows, whipped cream for garnish
- Sometimes I add any plain chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips. I like to add Flakes chocolate bar.
- If you have ready made caramel sauce, you can pour that and skip the caramel preparation step.
- Mix sugar in a small bowl with a few drops of water to dampen it slightly.
- Heat a small saucepan. Add sugar and stir it continuously until it turns golden caramel color. (read notes for quicker version)
- Stir continuously and pour in the cream gradually. (remember to stir continuously)
- Pour milk. If there are lumps, it will melt gradually.
- Remove from the heat while the milk is simmering and not boiling.
- Drop in the chocolate chips and continue to stir until the chocolate gets completely melted.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Serve hot.