Savory crepes wrapped around a creamy chicken filling, topped with a cream cheese thick sauce and mozzarella.
I always wanted to try out baked chicken crepes. But I had doubts if it will taste good. But it really tastes like a pasta dish, where the pasta is substituted with crepes. This was one dish which I kept ready for the blog before Ramadan started. I thought of posting it during Ramadan as it makes a good dish for iftar.
I had put up a ‘coming soon’ picture post of this dish on Instagram three days back with the intention of posting it the next day but that didn’t happen. My son’s e-learning, my restless toddler, and the endless work at home has been keeping me busy the last few days.
I didn’t mention to you all that I am in Dubai at the moment at my parents place. We had come down during the Kuwait national day holidays at Feb, and ever since we are here. We have no idea how we are going to get back to Kuwait and when will everything come back to normal. But we’re keeping good hopes and praying that we can get back to Kuwait safely. But Alhamdulillah for everything. He is the best of planners. 🙂
Let’s go to this amazing recipe.
Chicken Crepe Bake
For the crepes:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil/Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
For the cream:
- 4-5 tbsp Cream cheese
- 3 tbsp Cooking cream
- 1/2 tsp Paprika powder
- A pinch of Salt
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pickled Jalapeno
To make crepes:
- Add all the ingredients into a blender jar and blend well until everything gets combined and forms a smooth lump free batter.
- When the chicken filling is ready, start making the crepes.
- For that, take a frying pan and heat it on medium high flame.
- Pour in a ladle full of batter and swirl the pan.
- Cook for half a minute on one side. When the bottom side gets light golden brown spots, flip it. Cook the other side for half a minute.
- Take it out and place it on a plate.
To make the cream mixture:
- With a whisk mix together the cream cheese spread, cooking cream, dried thyme or oregano, paprika and salt.
- Take a spoonful of filling and place it in the middle of the crepe. Fold all the four sides and form it into a box.
- Place all the crepe boxes into a rectangular baking tray.
- Spread the cream on top of each box.
- Place jalapeno spices on top of the cream.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over.
- Bake at 180C for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at the bottom first and then turn on the top flame for 5 minutes until the cheese melts and gets golden brown spots.