Chicken Mayo Sandwich inside a pillowy, fully puffed up Balloon bread. The filling is super flavorful and can be used in any sandwich. The bread can be eaten as it is or with any curry, just cream cheese or anything you like.
This new post is definitely the highlight recipe of Ramadan 2021. I had planned to post this first in this year’s Ramadan series. But I had to shoot it twice, as I couldn’t get a proper picture of the sandwich in the first shoot.
I have to say that I worked really hard to shoot this video as I had to shoot the filling and the bread recipe. Man, it was hectic. But thank God, I did it and I think I got a pretty decent video. But still not happy with the pictures. I guess I’ll blame it on the sandwich, it is not a very good looking one. 😀 (I would be very happy if you would give this video a like and subscribe to my YouTube channel and click on the bell icon to get notification whenever I post a new video 🙂 )
I found the bread recipe in an Instagram page named 15s meals and I knew this would be a keeper. My kids loved the bread, they had it for breakfast with Kiri Cream Cheese, for snack with Nutella and we had it with the super flavorful chicken mayo filling. It was so yum and satisfying to have this during Iftar. Please do give it a try.
Balloon Bread Chicken Sandwich
For the Balloon Bread
- 1 Cup Warm Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Instant Yeast
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 ¼ Cup All-Purpose-Flour plus 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds
- Milk For dipping
For Chicken Filling
- 200 grams Chicken Boiled and shredded
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- ½ cup Cabbage
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- Coriander leaves Chopped
- 1 Tsp Red chilli flakes (Adjust according to your preference)
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 6-7 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Tahina
- ½ Tsp Sugar
- Salt To taste
- Pickled jalapeños
- Sriracha Sauce
To make Balloon Bread
- In a bowl pour warm milk, sugar, salt, instant yeast and oil. Mix well.
- Add in flour little by little and combine.
- Knead it for a minute and keep it covered in an oiled bowl to rise for 1 ½ hours.
- Meanwhile make the chicken filling.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into balls. (Approximately 6 balls)
- Dip the balls into milk first and then into the sesame seeds.
- Roll it out. (Do not roll it out very thin or else the dough won’t fluff up when frying)
- Cut rolled dough into 4. Do same with the the dough balls.
- Let the rolled dough rise for 15 minutes.
- Deep fry on hot oil and place it on an absorbent kitchen towel.
- The balloon bread is ready
To make the filling:
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Cut open the bread from the middle.
- Add the lettuce, chicken filling, jalapeños and Sriracha sauce.