An agar based pudding, with flavors from cashew nuts and coconut milk.
The weather is getting warm outside and it is the perfect time to make this refreshing, cold dessert. Agar based pudding are my favorite, and I particularly love having it during the summers. Since Eid is coming in two days, I have kept this pudding ready in my fridge.
My co-sister Zerveen had made this pudding for us when we visited India last year and I loved it. As I was trying to get ideas for Eid dessert recipes, this pudding came in my mind. I asked her for the recipe and she was too kind to share it with me immediately. Thank you Zervee. She herself is a very talented baker. She has a page in Instagram named AmysCakeBake and she takes orders for her cakes. She is based in Bangalore, India now and if anyone is looking for delicious cakes there, her page is the place to order from.
This pudding can be made completely in milk, if you don’t want to add coconut milk. I added half of both as my daughter is very allergic to dairy and so I didn’t want to make it fully dairy based. Next time I am planning to use coconut milk completely.
Hope you have a lovely Eid (if you are celebrating). Make this pudding and thank me later. 😀
Cashew & Coconut Milk Agar Pudding
- 10 grams China grass/ Agar
- 70 grams Cashew nuts
- 450 ml Milk plus ½ cup
- 300 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- ½ plus ¾ cup Water
- Soak Agar in ½ cup water for 20 minutes.
- Powder cashewnuts in a grinder and then make a paste by adding ½ cup milk and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour milk, condensed milk and coconut milk. Let it comes to a boil. Stir in between.
- Pour the cashew paste and let it come to a boil.
- At the same time, boil soaked Agar in ¾ cup water until it melts completely.
- Through a strainer, pour hot melted agar into the hot milk mixture and stir immediately to avoid splitting.
- Pour the pudding into moulds and let it sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours.