A very easy Vanilla Cake for which the batter can be made by dumping all the wet ingredients into a blender. Just fold in the flour and bake. Smother a generous amount of ganache and you will have a delicious cake with very less effort.
All that you need to make this cake is a Blender. Whenever you or your kids get an instant craving for a cake, or your have a get-together and need to take a dessert for it, this cake would be a lifesaver. This recipe requires zero prep and only need basic ingredients which you would already have in your pantry.
I made this cake for the first time few days back, where I did a mistake of shooting the recipe video the same day. Usually I test out a recipe and only if it turns out well, I go ahead and do the herculean task of taking the video. But this time I got overconfident and the cake turned out rock hard the first time I made it. But I wanted to get it right. So I made it again and the second time it was much better, but I was not very happy with the texture of the cake. So I made it again and I also dragged my bestie, Nimeena into it and made her bake the cake with slightly different measurements too, haha. After all these trials and with some tips from my sister I concluded with this final recipe.
For sure it is not as perfect as a traditional vanilla cake made by beating each ingredient separately, but considering how easy it is to prepare this cake, I would give this recipe a 10/10. Hope you all give it a try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Blender Vanilla Cake with Ganache
For the cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 4 cubes Kiri cheese/ cream cheese (72 gram)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tin nestle cream
- 200 grams milk chocolate
To make cake:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add all ingredients except flour and baking powder into a blender jar and blend well until everything is well combined.
- In a bowl add floour and baking powder and whisk together.
- Pour the blended mixture into flour and gently fold it in until everything is combined.
- Pour into a well greased 9 inch baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180°C until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
To make ganache:
- Add all the ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and heat on 30 second bursts, stirring in between until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Once cake is cooled completely pour the ganache over the cake and refrigerate.