Bake this fluffy pistachio cake from scratch with just few basic ingredients that you may already have at home. The result is moist, melt in the mouth cake.
If you love baking, then chances are that you will have all the ingredients needed for this recipe in your cupboard. So, if you get asked to bake a cake last moment, you really don’t have to worry as this is a life saver recipe. If you have been following me for a while, you can tell that we enjoy anything with pistachios here in this house as I have a lot of pistachio based recipes in the blog.
I really loved this cake as it has just the right amount of sweetness and a strong flavor of pistachios as the quantity of pistachios is more than the flour. This cake is sure to become your favorite too, especially if you like pistachios. This is a dense cake and it resembles the famous Almond Cake in the blog, it has the same texture and is moist and it melts in the mouth. Here is a YouTube shorts video for this cake and watch till the end to see how soft the cake is. Enjoy.
Recipe from ButtermilkbySam
Extremely Moist Pistachio Cake
- 100 Grams Pistachios
- 50 Grams All Purpose Flour
- 100 Grams Unsalted butter softened at room temp.
- 100 Grams Caster Sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Eggs At room temperature
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease with butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Pulse pistachios and flour in a grinder until it is finely ground.
- Beat the butter until it turns soft. Add sugar and zest and beat until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the ground pistachio flour mix along with baking powder and salt. Fold it in gently with a spatula.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.