A crisp and delicious appetizer with a creamy Malai Chicken filling. These packets stay crisp for few hours after frying.
If you love samosa and also creamy malai chicken curry or malai kebab, this one is definitely for you. I actually combined three recipes for this: Malai Chicken, Malai Chicken Kebab and Samosa. I was too happy with the outcome. Crisp exterior with creamy flavor packed filling.
This recipe can be modified as per your liking. Make any sort of filling, Chinese style noodle filling, or your basic chicken or meat filling.
Hope this recipe will be a hit this Ramadan for you all. Please do give me the feedback if you try it. 🙂
Malai Chicken Packets
for the Malai Chicken Kebab:
- 200 Grams chicken boneless
- 1 ½ Tbsp yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp cream
- ½ Tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp pepper powder
- 2 green chillies
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 Tbsp coriander leaves chopped
For the filling:
- 1 Large onion
- 2 Tsp ginger and garlic
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- ½ Tsp cumin powder
- ½ Tsp pepper powder
- ¼ Cup cooking cream
- coriander leaves
- salt to taste
For the dough:
- 3 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- ¼ Cup melted ghee/oil
- 1 Cup water
For the filling:
- Marinate the chicken pieces in all the above kebab ingredients for 3-4 hours.
- Grill or shallow fry in ghee or oil until cooked. Remember to baste the chicken with a little ghee twice while grilling.
- Chop the chicken into smaller pieces. Keep aside.
- In a pan, pour 2-3 tbsp oil. Add onion and green chillies. Sauté till it turns soft.
- Add ginger garlic. Cook till raw smell goes.
- Add kiri cheese. Let it melt. Mix well.
- Pour the cream.
- Add cumin and pepper powder. Mix.
- Drop in the chicken and mix. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Filling os ready.
To make the dough:
- In a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Mix well with a spoon and then knead for few minutes with your hand.
- Make small balls out of it and roll each ball very thin.
- Cut into rectangles and place the filling on one side of each rectangle.
- Close the dough and seal the edges with a fork or pastry crimper.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown.