Machboos is a Kuwaiti national dish which has three parts; the meat (which is traditionally lamb or chicken) which is really well cooked and tender, the rice that is cooked in the meat’s stock, and a topping which is made with split peas, raisins and onions.
* This can be made with whole chicken too.
* While cooking the chicken for one hour, in the first 30 minutes you just have to stir twice or thrice. But in the second 30 minites, you have to stir frequently to avoid the spices from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
* After adding 1/2 cup water to the rice, check after 20 minutes if the rice has cooked well. If not, add 1/4 cup more water and cook further till the rice is done.
* After i took out the chicken, i removed the skin from it and then fried. You can fry with skin on, if you like it that way.
* The chicken can be baked or deep fried too.
* This recipe is a little on the spicy side as thats how we like it. You can adjust the heat according to your preference.