A deep fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas, herbs and other ingredients.
* You have to drain and dry the chickpeas really well. Otherwise the falafel will break and fall off while frying.
* For that extra crispy exterior of the falafel while making balls, dont smoothen the outer part with hands, instead drop the falafel into the oil straight from the spoon or else drop it onto a plate and then slide them into the oil.
* It would be better if you chop the onions, garlic and leaves before processing it so that you get an even cutting.
* If you want more greener falafel, then add a bit more of parsley or coriander leaves.
* When grinding the falafil dough, make sure you dont make it a paste. It should have a near paste, yet a little coarse consistency.