Beat the summer heat with this cool and refreshing drink, candy lassi. On a hot summer day, we like to slow down, relax and stay cool by enjoying a refreshing glass of lassi. Lassi, not to be confused with the beloved collie dog, Lassie 🙂 is a popular drink in India. This delicious beverage is an exotic version of the milkshake and is a perfect compliment to any dish.
There are so many different variations, but there are mainly two ways of drinking this: sweet and salty. Salty lassi is made with spices(cumin), green chillies and curry leaves. Sweet lassi has besides the sugar, fruits, berries or nuts added. Here i had made a combination of pistachios and almond for the nuttiness along with a very unique sweet ingredient , candy! Yep, you heard it right. I swear, it tasted so different and yumm.
This yoghurt drink is laced with the sweetness of honey and it comes to life with a little bit of orange rind. How can something SO tasty be so easy. Just throw it all in the blender, let it whirl and you have got a gorgeous lassi. You have to just pour them in pretty glasses and serve your family or guests as a refreshing drink after dinner or just anytime.
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pistachios
1/2 tsp orange zest
2 candy (i used strawberry flavored lollipop)
1 cup milk
2 cups buttermilk/ yoghurt
5-6 tbsp honey
3 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
2. Blend them with the yoghurt, milk, sugar and honey and ice cubes till smooth and thick.
✔️ You can chill the milk in the freezer in ice trays and use for a thicker lassi.
✔️ You can use whatever flavor candy you like.
- Makes 5-6 glasses
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 2 candy (i used strawberry flavored lollipop)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups buttermilk/ yoghurt
- 12ice cubes
- 5-6 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- In a food processor or blender just finely chop the pistachios, almonds, orange zest and candy.
- Blend them with the yoghurt, milk, sugar and honey and ice cubes till smooth and thick.
- You can chill the milk in the freezer in ice trays and use for a thicker lassi.
- You can use whatever flavor candy you like.
I am taking this drink to Justine’s tea time Event. Hope everyone will like it there. 🙂