Sweet Corn Chicken Soup is a light and creamy soup made with creamed sweet corn, chicken stock and egg white drop.
This is a classic soup which I guess most of you love. This has been one of the most requested recipes. So I thought its high time I post it now.
Its been a busy week for me and I have been cooking a lot. Keeping recipes ready for Ramadan, as the Ramadan series will be starting from 1st of June, God willing. Lots of appetisers will be coming your way soon. So stay tuned. 🙂
So in between all these elaborate cooking I wanted to have something comforting. So I thought of making this super simple soup and I was so glad that I did. It was exactly what I needed.
So everybody who wanted the recipe of sweet corn chicken soup, here it is. Hope you all will like it.
- 1 can creamed corn (420g)
- 1 cup chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp corn flour, mixed in a splash of cold water
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1-2 green chillies slit
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 egg white whisked
- spring onion greens
- I added green chillies as I like my soup spicy. You can omit it if you don’t want that heat in your soup.
- If you don’t like the flavour of white pepper, you can add black pepper too.
- Place water, stock, creamed corn, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and corn flour over high heat.
- Bring it to a boil. Add in the green chillies. Then turn down the heat to medium and cook till it thickens stirring occasionally. It may take about 15 minutes.
- Add in the salt.
- Turn off the heat and pour in whisked egg into the soup stirring immediately. It has to cook in ribbons throughout the soup.
- Add in the shredded chicken, season with white pepper and serve.