Dense and chewy Milk Chocolate Brownies which are the perfect type of brownies for milk chocolate lovers.
I am usually not a big lover of brownies, mainly because I don’t quite enjoy the intense dark chocolate flavor. I have always been a milk chocolate girl. Be it chocolate cake, ganache or chocolate frosting…dark, rich chocolate flavor is a big no no for me.
I had saved this amazing recipe of Milk Chocolate Brownies from this superb website, Bake or Break last year and I just made it last week. And I made it thrice already. No, I didn’t have it all the three times. I made it twice for Fadal’s colleagues and once for us. I got rave reviews from everyone.This is just so good that even the dark chocolate purist will approve it. The entire credit for this recipe goes to Bake or Break as I followed the exact same recipe, no changes at all.
Since milk chocolate is the star flavor in these brownies, make sure that you use your favorite chocolate. I made it once with Ghirardelli, and 2 times with Galaxy Milk Chocolate, both were equally good (but I think I liked the one with galaxy a teeny bit more :D). I baked the brownies for a good 40 minutes because I personally like a cakey brownie more than a fudge one. But if you like fudge brownies, reduce the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- 170g milk chocolate (I used Galaxy plain)
- 114 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- To check doneness of these brownies, you will not check by inserting the toothpick in the center, but from the side. Insert a toothpick halfway between the center and the side of the pan. Once the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, its done.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8 inch square baking pan with a parchment paper making sure that the paper hangs over the sides so that you can lift it later. Grease it.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a microwave oven on 30 second bursts till the chocolate and butter gets nicely melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the white sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Add in the chocolate butter mixture into this and mix well until it turns smooth.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix with a spatula until just combined.
- You can add chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate into the batter at this point.
- Transfer this batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the brownies look set and when a toothpick inserted halfway between the edge and the center comes out with few moist crumbs attached. If you want a more gooey type brownie, then bake for lesser time and if you want more of a cake brownie, let it sit in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool the brownie for 30 minutes.
- Cut it into squares and enjoy.