A soothing Chicken Korma with the signature coconut milk gravy. It is astonishingly straight forward – and it is made with very less ingredients, even then the flavor is stunning.
This chicken korma is our new favorite. We love how mild yet super flavorful it is and the best part is that this curry can be made in 30 minutes from scratch.
There is nothing tricky about the sauce. It starts with the usual sautéing of onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Then just add in the chicken, cook it. I used the pressure cooker, so it took just 10 minutes to cook. Then I added cashew paste to thicken the gravy and finally thick coconut milk. That’s it. Isn’t it very easy?
We had it with soft and puffy Baturas. It was such a delicious combination. Lets move on to the recipe.
- 600g chicken
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 medium sized onion- sliced
- 5 green chillies
- 1/2 inch piece ginger-cut into julienne
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coconut milk powder mixed in 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil/ Vegetable oil
- Curry leaves
- 8 cashew nuts made into paste
- In a heavy bottom pan, add oil.
- When it turns hot, add fennel seeds. When the aroma gets released, add in the onions.
- Saute well, till the onion’s turn soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger juliennes, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder and garam masala powder. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken and cook for 20 minutes on low heat till the chicken gets cooked. Or cook in pressure cooker for 10 minutes. By this time water will get released from the chicken.
- Pour 1/4 cup more water. Add the prepared paste. Let the gravy come to a boil. Add curry leaves.
- Pour the coconut milk into the gravy.