Creamy Chicken Sandwich Casserole is the perfect savory recipe to feed a crowd.
Who doesn’t need good party recipes to feed a crowd without spending hours getting everything ready in the kitchen. This is such a recipe where we can bake all the sandwiches as a big batch in a casserole. These little sandwiches are loaded with flavor, smothered in melty cheese and a rich creamy sauce. I had made a spicy chicken filling for this but you can easily customize this recipe by adding any filling of your choice.
I came up with this recipe on a crazy, chaotic day trying to finish my unending work at home. Right from the morning till night, mom’s life is a non-stop, on-the-go whirlwind. Seriously, hats off to all mommies out there. I didn’t have much time to fix any elaborate meal that day, and made this quick fix sandwich which became an unexpected hit at home.
This is truly mouth watering. Both kids and adults will rave about this dish.
For the filling:
- 300 grams boneless chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, garlic paste
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 small capsicum
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- coriander leaves
- vegetable oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tin nestle cream
- 3 tbsp mayonaise
- 3 tbsp processed cream cheese spread (or 3 softened kiri cheese cubes)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- salt to taste
- 5-6 Burger bunsmozzarella cheese
- red chilli flakes
- You can add whatever filling you like into this. Add jalapeños, olives, corn etc.
To make the filling:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with red chili powder, turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the chicken till cooked and browned.
- Take out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add more oil if needed and drop in the onions, ginger garlic paste, cabbage, capsicum and green chillies. Sauté till everything is softened.
- Pour the soya sauce. Add chicken and stir well. Cover with lid and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Finally add coriander leaves and mix.
To make the sauce:
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for sauce and combine.
- Cut the buns in half from middle.
- Scoop out a little bit from the center.
- Place the buns in a pan, close to each other as shown in the picture.
- Fill in with the prepared chicken filling.
- Pour the sauce all over.
- Spread mozzarella cheese. Add red chilli flakes.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes till the cheese melts and turns to a golden brown color.
- Serve immediately.