This Mexican street style corn macaroni salad is loaded with toasted corn, pickled veggies, and macaroni tossed in a tangy and flavor packed parmesan based sauce.
I unintentionally took a small break from blogging after Ramadan, even though I didn’t plan to take one. But usually when I am at my parents place, a very unavoidable laziness creeps inside of me. I’ve been trying to convince myself to just sit down and type the recipe and introduction for this salad forever. But, I don’t know why, I felt so disconnected with my blog and didn’t feel like being active here. I still have this sort of feeling, but I am forcing myself to post this and then I might get into the groove again, hopefully.
I am usually all for macaroni salads. I love it. The creamy dressing in this salad has the correct amount of tanginess and spice levels. I have added just the right amount of mayonnaise to give the salad a creamy texture without making it too heavy. Mix that with perfectly cooked macaroni along with few other fixings and you’ll get a delicious salad which can be eaten as main dish or side dish.
Mexican Street Corn Macaroni Salad
- 350 g Macaroni
- 450 g Sweet Corn (Canned)
- 1 Avocado Cut in cubes
- 1 Green Onion
- Coriander Leaves small bunch
- 1/4 cup Pickled Jalapenos
- 1/4 cup Pickled cucumber
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 small Onion Chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 small Lemon Juiced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp Processed Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Pickle Juice
- 2 tbsp Honey
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in a pan and add the corn. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the corn is slightly browned. Keep aside.
- In a bowl mix together the mayo, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Add warm corn into this and stir well until the cheese melts.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.