This show stopping, flavor packedChicken 65 Sandwich is made with a spicy chicken filling with sautéed onions. I assembled the sandwich in a hot dog bun, along with a generous drizzle of chili mayonnaise and chili garlic sauce.
Sandwiches are a hit for Iftar here for us. Since it is not deep fried, we can have it being guilt free. I started making this sandwich without any set recipe in mind. But I wanted to post something in the blog. So I clicked the pictures before Iftar. I am so glad I did, because the sandwich got over in no time. It was delicious, especially the filling.
I cut the bun into a boat shape and put the filling inside, so that it will look nice. But to be frank, I would prefer to serve it the usual way by opening the bun from middle, toasting it with lots of butter and putting the filling inside. To get the full taste experience I would say serve it like a sandwich.
Chicken 65 Sandwich
For Chicken Marination
- 300 grams boneless chicken cut in cubes
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- salt to taste
Other ingredients for Chicken 65
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ inch ginger chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves
For the sandwich
- 6 hot dog buns
- chilli mayonnaise
- chilli garlic sauce
- Marinate chicken in the above mentioned ingredients.
- Shallow fry the chicken in a little bit of oil. Cut the fried chicken into smaller pieces.
- In the same pan, add onions and saute until it turns translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Cook for a minute.
- Pour soya sauce and mix well.
- Add the fried chicken back into the onion mix. Cover and cook on very low flame for 5 minutes.
- Pour chilli garlic sauce and combine.
- Add coriander leaves.
- (I made a boat shape out of the bun, by scooping out the center of the bun and filling it. But I would suggest making a usual sandwich)
- Cut the bun from the middle and toast it with butter.
- Spread mayonnaise.
- Add lettuce, chicken filling and drizzle a generous amount of chilli mayo and chilli garlic sauce.